Henry has a Masters of Architecture from the University of Texas Austin. He is also an outspoken critic of the profession's continued obsession with "art-object" buildings. He believes a number of aesthetic and theoretical pretensions must be overcome if we want to build instead on strong, moral foundations. During his time at UTSoA he has consistently argued for reform of both pedagogy and practice so that architecture may have at its heart a true social and ecological mission.
- Owner of 5xDesign. We provide design and consulting services for residential projects, and licenses for the "virtual spec" plans of the 5x5 House.
- Graduate Research Assistant to
Larry Speck, F.A.I.A.
- Intern at Wiss, Janney, Elstner
- Field Engineer at Crowell Builders
- Licensed General Contractor & Carpenter
in Seattle, Washington
- M.Arch University of Texas at Austin, 2020
- Whitman College: B.A. Phil. Religion,
magna cum laude (2009)
- Vassar College (2004 - 2006)
- Japanese Language, Seattle, Osaka (2010 - 2016)